The November 2022 USA Dance National Elections will elect the following five positions to a four-year term of service, from January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2026:
- Senior Vice President
- Ballroom DanceSport Delegate 5 (Adult age gender identify as male or non-binary)
- Ballroom DanceSport Delegate 6 (Senior age gender identify as female or non-binary)
- Ballroom DanceSport Delegate 7 (non-gender identity or age category specific).
All candidates for Senior Vice President must meet the definition of an Independent Director. Please note that the Board has waived Article VII.H.2.a of https://usadance.org/page/Bylaws and will allow an athlete who wants to run the opportunity to file their letter of retirement as of May 30, 2022 and remain retired throughout their entire term in office. This waiver is for this election cycle only.
As a result of the recent adoption of a new set of bylaws, the USA Dance Policy Governing National Elections https://usadance.org/page/Policies approved by the Board of Directors on January 26, 2022, will require an update. During the interim, the following election procedure schedule is published.
- June 10, 2022 is the submission date for interested candidates to submit:
- July 8, 2022 is the submission date for interested candidates to submit:
- Statement of no more than 500 words describing their reasons for running for election
- Signatures on the Nomination By Petition Form (page 8) https://usadance.org/page/Policies from USA Dance members in good standing and eligible to vote for the position under nomination. Senior VP and Treasurer will require a minimum of 100 signatures by all voting members. Ballroom DanceSport Delegate 5, 6, and 7 will require a minimum of 25 signatures by the voting Athlete Ballroom Division members.
- The N&EC will schedule interviews with interested candidates’ in July 2022 to review their submission of nomination materials and to assure individual candidate’s eligibility.
- The N&EC will submit for placement on the ballot all eligible Nominees by Petition and such other qualified candidates as the Committee may approve by August 2022.
If you have any general questions or concerns related to the election process, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at email@example.com.
Chairperson, Nominations & Elections Committee (National Elections Director)
USA Dance, Inc.